Are you looking for excellent, local childcare?
First Steps nursery are now booking places for January 2019 onwards. Take a look at our recommendation to find out more information about this wonderful nursery.
About First Steps
First Steps Nursery provide high quality care and education for children aged 3 months to 5 years in a homely and caring environment. Children are cared for in a secure and comfortable setting. Fully trained staff facilitate a comprehensive early childhood program, designed to help children reach their full potential. The nursery provide a high standard of childcare and education as well as a unique environment in which children are actively encouraged to explore, learn and interact with others.
All staff are also 100% trained in paediatric first aid.
The nursery is open 51 weeks a year from 7.00am to 6.00pm.
- Early morning sessions available
- Base rooms are set up to have age-appropriate activities including home areas with kitchens, dress up, musical instruments, painting, wet play, and sensory play
- Nutritious, healthy, home cooked foods
- Under 2’s Outdoor play – wide range of textures and senses for younger ones with a quiet area, a small climbing frame to aid in physical development and safety surface to enable children to begin to use walkers, small bikes and cars.
- Over 2’s Outdoor play – stage and music area where children can play on drums, xylophone and musical chimes. Story area where children can sit and enjoy fun, interactive learning through stories. The climbing frame and construction site provides a physical and stimulating environment where children can enjoy the slide, look-out tower and site office. There is a roadway where children can learn about road safety and play on bikes, and the Trim Trail includes a climbing wall, balance beams, stepping logs and Burmah Bridge.
- Indoor hall/ play area
- Sensory room
- After School Club
- Holiday Club
- Food hygiene rating 5 – the highest rating in food safety management
- 2 and 3 year old funding available
Events & Activities
Various events are held over the year including: –
- Themed celebration days (royal wedding, Roald Dahl day, dress up days)
- French lessons (pre-school class)
- Sports lessons (pre-school class)
- Sports Day (pre-school class)
- Halloween Party
- Christmas Party
- Hand-over is provided when collecting children to update you on your child’s day, meals etc.
- Parent Log-In – provides additional information about your child’s day
- Weekly Newsletter – keep you informed of the week’s activities
- Parent’s Evening are held to keep you informed of your child’s progress
After School Club
The nursery provide an after school club and collect children from the local primary school, Guardian Angels. Children are provided with a snack and refreshments in a fun, stimulating environment where they can enjoy the outdoor play area, computers, books – to name but a few. The After School Club runs from 3.30pm to 6.00pm.
‘The children form close relationships with their key persons, who work hard to help children develop the confidence and independence they need to cope with change. This prepares children well for the next stage in their learning’.
‘Children enjoy daily opportunities for outdoor activities and their physical development is supported well. The various challenges available to the children in the garden have been well thought and are well managed. It allows children to grow not just in confidence but in physical ability’.
Children of all ages are happy in this warm, welcoming nursery.
What better way to hear about the nursery than first hand from existing parents of children at the nursery. Take a look at some of the parents comments here
The nursery’s goal is to provide a nurturing environment, with the best staff, to encourage happy healthy children.
First Steps know that choosing the right nursery is a huge decision. It is a responsibility they take seriously and their promise is to do everything possible to ensure the time your child is with them is happy, fulfilling and worthwhile.
Don’t delay – take a look around the nursery and secure your place today!
Address: 1 Orrell Street, Bury BL8 1PB
To arrange a visit contact the nursery on 0161 764 6752 or contact them on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further details about the nursery can be found here